It's that time of the year and time for clichés. I love the symbology of a new year: to take a break and review the year that was, check in and reflect on where you are and where you want to be. To be proud, to feel grief. Whatever feelings you may have neglected or forgot to feel. We can do that now, and then . •*´`*•☆ let go.
I'm very proud of the person I became in 2017. Of the choices, focus and effort I made. How much I stood up for myself. Kept on pushing. I've been vulnerable and uncomfortable, loving and grateful, fighting and panicked. : The whole spectrum, present in a year. The spiral continues.
2017: Thank you. You've been .. a ride.
In 2018 I will work on:
- Becoming a better programmer
- My creativity: drawing, writing, photography, sharing
- Taking up more space and respecting my own boundaries
- Physical strength, focusing on big lifts and flexibility
- Getting rid of my FOMO
- Kick plastic from more parts of my life
- Being a better friend and partner, clearer in how I communicate and more present
- The parts of my mind I find the most uncomfortable and the most resistance
- What I find empowering when it comes to (my) femininity and sexuality
- Spreading love. Always love. If you can't love it, let it go. Poof. Away.
To sum it up: To be more, not less. Yes! (← Getting excited here) Let 2018 be the year where you become more of you. Let's do that shit together.
❤ Happy holidays and new year. I hope you're kind to yourself this season.
And, for the especially interested, my wins of 2017:
- I finished five(!) years of studies
- And moved in with V
- Got a programming intership
- Got a programming job
- Traveled in Malawi
- Hit some sweet PRs in the gym
- Got to a good place mentally for the first time since my mid-teenage years
- Found more self-love
- Got my best friend back
- And all the moments of bravery in everyday life. I salute you.